Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Secondary Hard Drive Acidentally Formatted to EISA...

• Please log in to reply

comcimuse

comcimuse

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Yeah, this is a tad weird:

Basically, I was having various problems with my computer which culminated in a fresh install of Vista. However, *somehow* in the process of the reinstall one of my extra hard drives got reformatted. Suddenly it simply wasn't there, even though the drive was recognised at boot. So I went into Disk Management and apparently it has magically changed into an EISA configuration(!!??!). So it's there in disk management, but it doesn't show up in file explorer and all my data is, presumably, no longer on a file table.

Now, for other reasons, I was booting from a vista startup disk (yeah, I've been having issues, now solved) and when I file browsing in it (where it says "Load Drivers" to select your windows install) my spare hard disk was there, visible, and all my folders were present on it. So... they're not *gone*.

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Advertisements