Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I came back yesterday and did 1 of the Prime95 torture tests overnight :

In-place large FFTs (maximum heat,power consumption,some RAM )
result:
148 tests in 13 hours ,17 minutes - 0 errors , 0 warnings .

but this doesn't test my video cards heat and maybe power

there are 2 more torture tests : Small FFTs (maximum FPU stress ,data fits in L2 cache,RAM not tested much )
and Blend (tests some of everything,lots of ram tested )

I was thinking of doing only the Small FFTS torture test ,since the other does some of both previous tests

As for my PSU i found a image of the same kind of power source but different model and modified it (was easiest to do)

Posted Image

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

The recommended minimum power supply for GeForce 9600 GT graphics cards is 400 watts with a +12V rating of 26 Amps for a single card, so make sure your system power supply can handle it.

Thank you very much for the picture... it points to the PSU as being the problem here.

Recreate this problem 2 times, and attach the respective minidumps. I'll need them to make some conclusions.
My hypothesis right now is that after gaming for a while, your PSU isn't able to power your card adequately... this could cause other things to go wrong such as a problem with your disk hardware (this is what the minidumps are telling). This in turn will cause a BSOD.

Download Aquamark 3 from here: http://downloads.gur...oad.php?det=673
Install it and run a test... it has only one option.
You should get a BSOD, attach its minidump too.

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Ok i did the Aquamark 3 demo test and it turned out with something interesting

1.The first time it completed the test (i raised the resolution in option to 1280 before )
so i said i will do the test again after 5 hours or so

2.I turned on the Vsync and did the test again and it failed the first test with the BSOD 0x7A
3.Did the test again and it failed at the second test (High Particle Count) with 0xF4 BSOD
4.Did the test again the same , second test with 0xF4 BSOD , but froze before BSOD appeared
5.Turned off the Vsync and did the test and my PC just restarted ... but this time it failed at the third test

Only 1 minidump has been created from 3. , i have attached it

To me it seems like random somehow , maybe depending on what parts remain without power ?

Stopped here because i don't think its good for my PC to restart and BSOD so often

Attached Files

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Once again the problem is stated as being with disk_hardware.

Run Prime95 again, for a longer time, and try many different types of tests... you can do custom ones too.
Tell me if you get a BSOD.

Download Furmark from here: http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/
Run the benchmark with some stressful options, such as pushing the resolution to the max, and using the Xtreme burning mode. Run the stability test a couple of times, and let me know with a minidump, if a BSOD pops up.

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Once again the problem is stated as being with disk_hardware.

Run Prime95 again, for a longer time, and try many different types of tests... you can do custom ones too.
Tell me if you get a BSOD.

Download Furmark from here: http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/
Run the benchmark with some stressful options, such as pushing the resolution to the max, and using the Xtreme burning mode. Run the stability test a couple of times, and let me know with a minidump, if a BSOD pops up.

will do that

here is something that might help, i attached it

Attached Files

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Once again having to do with problems with disk hardware and pointing to sptd.sys (Daemon Tools)
What drive emulation or disc burning software do you have installed? Uninstall all that you have.

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Once again having to do with problems with disk hardware and pointing to sptd.sys (Daemon Tools)
What drive emulation or disc burning software do you have installed? Uninstall all that you have.

I read about sptd.sys and i don't have Deamon Tools anymore and i never had Alcohol , i also uninstalled my burning software (I had Ashampo)

I still have to do the rest and i might be able to get my hands on a better power source to see how that works and my old video card but not in the next days ...

I mention this before that under ** 0x7A something else is written

** SCSIPORT.sys adress (some letters and numbers ) found (again some letters and numbers ) code (same)

if this helps ...

I did the FurMark stability test with Xtreme Burning mode and but i stipped it when my GPU reached 76 degrees ... I'm not comfortable with it going pass that ...

Posted Image

Edited by geekCell, 17 August 2009 - 01:42 PM.

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
SCSIport.sys has to do with your hard disk (most likely) as well: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCSI

Once again, does the BSOD only pop up if you are playing games?

Go here: http://www.duplexsecure.com/downloads/
Download the appropriate installer and uninstall sptd.sys.

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

SCSIport.sys has to do with your hard disk (most likely) as well: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCSI

Once again, does the BSOD only pop up if you are playing games?

Go here: http://www.duplexsecure.com/downloads/
Download the appropriate installer and uninstall sptd.sys.

Over 95% are in games , there were few outside

I've done the other test with prime that with "Small FFTs (maximum FPU stress ,data fits in L2 cache,RAM not tested much )" , the result was :
124 tests in 11 hours ,6 minutes - 0 errors , 0 warnings .
So it passed all tests

I will dl that and uninstall

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Download the sptd uninstaller and let me know how that goes... if you get anymore BSODs, attach the minidump.

Advertisements

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Download the sptd uninstaller and let me know how that goes... if you get anymore BSODs, attach the minidump.

Dl and uninstalled spdt ... but still the same old 0x7A BSOD appeared in the game , no minidump yet ... by the way ,why doesn't 1 appear allways ?

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

no minidump yet ... by the way ,why doesn't 1 appear allways ?

I keep wondering that too.

At this point I can only make some conclusions.
#1: Overheating might be a problem here (it probably is)
#2: Inadequate PSU (this might be another factor)
#3: Bad motherboard (doubt it)
#4: Bad HDD (once again it is unlikely)

What do you want to try next? Do you feel that you would want to get a new PSU to try to rid the BSOD?

If you get a minidump, attach it.

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I will get a better PSU that was powering a better PC but in the next week or so , till then if you have any idea ....

I got a minidump and attached it

Let me explain again how it happens

After playing games for 4 to 7-8 hours ... or if my PC was on for more that that , then i get a BSOD and after i get the first one when i try to play ,after 1-4 min a BSOD appears and that happens again and again if i to play .Now if I shut down my PC for 2-3 hours , then no BSOD appear for the next 1-3 hours don't know the exact time

So when they start , they don't stop ... if i don't shut down my PC for few hours .But that happens only in games or if i do something that stresses my PC

Attached Files

Edited by geekCell, 21 August 2009 - 04:48 PM.

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
I don't have time for a full reply...
I'll be waiting till you can try out the better PSU.

geekCell

geekCell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
So i got my hands on a better PSU so i tested it for several days and no BSOD appeared so i purchased a new PSU 2 days ago and it seems fine ^_^ , i think the PSU was broke tho , it seemed to make a sparkling sound

This is my new PSU :) http://www.driverhea...e...00&pageid=1

So thank you very much for your help i really appreciate what you have done , thx and keep it up ^_^

Edited by geekCell, 12 September 2009 - 03:43 PM.