Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help i deleted lsass.exe

• Please log in to reply

bouznk

bouznk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
D:\i386>dir /p
the volume is drive d is xpsp1a_eng_per
the volume serial number is

directory of D:\i386\p
no matching files were found

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
drop the /p and just type dir then.

bouznk

bouznk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
alright i found it lsass.ex_

bouznk

bouznk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
whats next

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
expand lsass.ex_ c:\windows\system32\lsass.exe

If the above does not work, try the full path

expand d:\i386\lsass.ex_ c:\windows\system32\lsass.exe

Edited by Cilix, 03 June 2009 - 06:18 PM.

bouznk

bouznk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
its saying the same thing unable to create file lsass.exe . 0file<s> expanded

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Hmm, since you cannot boot to Safe Mode and cannot replace the file via the recovery console the next step would be do a repair install of windows.

Please follow this guide and let us know when it is complete. After repair, lets boot to Safe Mode and get rid of Comodo.

http://michaelsteven...rinstall.htm#RI

bouznk

bouznk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
will i lose all my stuff

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
I'm pretty sure the problem is:
That lsass.exe is being blocked by the firewall, so no matter how many times you expand or replace lsass from the boot cd, it will still be blocked. I'm still trying to figure out how to get to the comodo interface without being able to logon.

When you normally start the computer, and the message comes up, you can't use ctrl + alt + delete can you?

-Jason

bouznk

bouznk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
after the windows logo it goes to a black screen with mouse cursor theres no message and no i cant use ctrl alt delete

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

I'm pretty sure the problem is:
That lsass.exe is being blocked by the firewall, so no matter how many times you expand or replace lsass from the boot cd, it will still be blocked. I'm still trying to figure out how to get to the comodo interface without being able to logon.

When you normally start the computer, and the message comes up, you can't use ctrl + alt + delete can you?

-Jason

Yes your probably right.

Lsass.exe creates the access token for logins, so without it running you wont be able to login period. A repair install appears to be the best course of action right now. And no, you will not lose any information if you follow the link I posted and do a repair install.

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
Not that I am a super hacker or anything.. but what about a live cd of linux or something. You can access the windows files on the hd, and delete, or change them. If you could get into your comodo files, maybe there's a way to disable or delete the part that is blocking lsass.
Would probably mess up comodo.. but if you just copied the files you delete onto a cd, and then replace them while your on, and make sure you DISABLE the lsass blockage..

Or you could just repair install.. idk. :) :) :)

bouznk

bouznk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
well im using a xp home ed cd but im using xp pro will this still work

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

Not that I am a super hacker or anything.. but what about a live cd of linux or something. You can access the windows files on the hd, and delete, or change them. If you could get into your comodo files, maybe there's a way to disable or delete the part that is blocking lsass.
Would probably mess up comodo.. but if you just copied the files you delete onto a cd, and then replace them while your on, and make sure you DISABLE the lsass blockage..

Or you could just repair install.. idk. :) :) :)

Well, unless you knew EXACTLY where they were, including the registry. Also, it may wrap itself into some crucial .dll files used by Windows so deleting the wrong thing will completely hose it and require a repair anyway or even a new install.

Using an XP Home CD should not make a difference.

bouznk

bouznk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
alright im at the screen where it gives 3 choices to press enter, c , or d

C: partition1 [ntfs] 76309mn
unpartition space

what do i use