Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Movie Maker freezes

• Please log in to reply

rjones

rjones

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello. I have been using windows movie maker for awhile now with no problem. However, this week, I can't seem to get it to create a movie. I wanted to make a movie about my recent vacation which would include pictures and video clips. The pictures and video clips were taken with the same camera. I was able to download all the pics and play it back ok. Then I added some of the video, and it still played back ok. Then I added some titles and credits, that played back ok as well. But when I added transitions, it froze. So I started the entire project again. Oh by the way, when I say froze, I mean that the project will open, but it won't play. You can see the pics and videos in the storyboard, but when you click on play, nothing happens. So back to my story. So I then started the project again and everytime I would add something, I would save the project under a different name. So I had about 10 different iterations of the project. But here's the thing. Once I add something that causes the project to freeze, ALL OTHER saved projects freeze too! Any suggestions?

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to go.

Are you able to re-open the "frozen" project and then play it?

What is your processor speed and how much ram do you have? Right click on "my computer" and select properties.

I find that my movie maker projects do the same thing BUT it is because I am running a 1.3g processor with 1.5gb ram. I have to disconnect from the internet and shut down all unnecessary programs in the background.

If I recall, movie maker specs are below that. VISTA SYSTEM SPECS.

If you didn't have problems before, I would suggest to start looking at what is running in the background such as antivirus update, or any other program.