Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

what does it mean by when it says virtual memory low

• Please log in to reply

sharon60

sharon60

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i have been having problems with all my sims2 an now sims3 game . if i play my sims 2 games i can only put 2 in at a time. cause it is so slow or the people on it stop an go. an my sims3 game when i put it in it took so long to put in an tro play it was beyond so an then said in the game that my virtual memory was low. is it my hard drive or a memory card or what? i have a 3000 dell xp. i put a new graphic card in a while back to simply play the sims2 an then went an put a dvd in my computer to play what sims i had that i didnt know i didnt have a dvd in my computer. an the circuit city said my games should work an play faster. but they dont. what can i get or need to make these games work properly. im exhasted trying to figure out things with this computer an im not wealthy to go buy a new computer. can you clean out your hard drive d to make room for these games. im clueless. please help. thanks sharon

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go HERE and run the Crucial online scanner.
This will give you the exact memory configuration for your system. You do not have to buy the memory from there, but write down the information and if you need assistance in purchasing the upgrade memory GTG can assist with suggestions also.

Download and install EVEREST
Open it.
1: In left pane expand Computer folder.
2: Click once on Summary
3: In upper menu, go Report
4: And then to Quick Report-Summary
5: Save it in text file, and paste it in your next post.

DO NOT INCLUDE ANYTHING UNDER THE LINE THAT SAYS "DEBUG- PCI"

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Sharon even didn't say how much of RAM she does have, nor what VM is set to...