Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Redirect virus+possibly others

• Please log in to reply

auroturtle

auroturtle

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello peoples, I really hope someone can help me, because this is getting annoying. A week or so ago, I started getting redirected to different sites when I clicked on a link (mostly links on google, but I think a couple on different sites, not sure). A couple of days ago, this got worse when I got a pop-up (in the browser tab) saying my computer is infected with malware and I need to download Spyware Removal (pretty sure that's the name)... this happens on like 20% of all the redirects I'm getting. I clicked cancel, but the next time my computer booted, I had a new background with a bunch of crap saying I'm infected. Spyware Removal was in the task tray thing, and if I did anything,like control+alt+delete it said the thing is infected and had closed it. I had to boot in safe mode and scan to get rid of it. The redirect thing is still going on, and I just got a pop-up telling me my computer is infected (again, same thing) for the first time after getting rid of the thing. I'm not sure what to do at all. I tried scan, but that doesn't get rid of the redirect thing, tried system restore, next button won't work, tried manually removing it, but can't find the [bleep] redirect virus. Please someone help me, I don't know what to do! Tell me if I should post a hijack this log, or something. Thanks =)

Advertisements