Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Running start up scripts

• Please log in to reply

infected????

infected????

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
thanks and sorry for taking so long

Attached Files

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Before I proceed, I want to make sure, you understand, that some of previous comments are very valid.
Increasing your RAM to 1GB, and freeing some HD space will help.

====================================================================================================
=====

I recommend, you unistall Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is an enormous hog, and install FoxIt Reader: http://www.filehippo...download_foxit/, which is much smaller, and faster. It does very same thing.

====================================================================================================
======

Now...
Process Explorer log looks fine.
As for Autoruns, you have a lot of startups, some of are not necessary.
Open Autoruns, click on Logon tab, and UN-check following entries (no actual programs will be affected):
- AdaptecDirectCD
- ATIModeChange
- bascstray
- CameraFixer
- Dell QuickSet
- DNS7reminder
- DVDSentry
- ISUSPM Startup
- ISUSScheduler
- NeroFilterCheck
- REGSHAVE
- SSBkgdUpdate
- SunJavaUpdateSched
- Digital Line Detect.lnk
- Microsoft Office.lnk

Restart computer.

=====

Download Temp File Cleaner (TFC)
Double click on TFC.exe to run the program.
Click on Start button to begin cleaning process.
TFC will close all running programs, and it may ask you to restart computer

Run defrag.

CharB

CharB

• Pip
  • 3 posts
O.K. I'm registered and asking this question of English speaking people in the USA (culture-specific question, I think). I bought a used machine at a garage sale: HP DeskJet F380 All in One printer, scanner, copier. I need it for printing from my home computer which doesn't have Internet access. When I inserted the software disk it indicated it needed Internet access to install and installation would take 2 3/4 hours. I'm willing to tote my cpu, new printer, disk, cords to my neighbor's house to complete this task. However, I don't want to waste 2 3/4 hours of his precious time until someone can guarantee me that this will work: I'll be able to install this printer on to my own cpu, take it home, and run the printer at home without benefit of Internet access while I'm using the printer. Any reply is welcome. Thanks,
CharB

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Direct to: CharB

Please start your own topic
Although your issue may seem similar there can be other factors that may need to be resolved.
By bumping on someone's topic it makes it confusing for the tech to understand who they are helping. This can in turn cause the wrong support to be given and can cause instability or worse to happen to your system. Thank you for your cooperation.

Second of all I doubt anyone on GTG will guarantee you what you ask. We have no ideal of your system or any issues you may have at this point with it. The printer was purchased used so I doubt anyone would make such a guarantee here.

infected????

infected????

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
ye im planning on upgrading my ram iv red online that my mobo has toram slots so i might add another 512 or a 1gb

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
What about other steps, I listed?

infected????

infected????

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
finished other steps thanks it seems to be running a bit faster

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Very good :)
When you'll double your RAM, you'll see the difference even better.

infected????

infected????

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
thanks for your help this site continuesly helps me

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
:)