Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows has recovered from a serious error

• Please log in to reply

Duality_88

Duality_88

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hi, posted here a long time ago and you guys were a big help!

Btw, a month ago I've been receiving a "Windows has recovered from a serious error" and thought it was an error caused by an emulation tool and virtual drive I installed. So I proceeded to uninstall them and the error went away however just today it came back with the so-called "dreaded blue screen error message" (read the quote from another site) smile.gif and I'm not quite sure what caused it?

Can I request for help in this matter? Thanks.

PS: I've forgot where to look for the minidump file where the said note of the error message was placed by windows. Showing me where it can be found would be greatly appreciated. Also, I've already followed the steps in your site's Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide before starting a new topic. Hope this is the correct forum. smile.gif
Thanks a lot,

duality_88

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Can you post the entire blue screen error message please. That will give us a starting point.

Duality_88

Duality_88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
It just shows a quick blue screen and then restarts. Checked it again and found that it was caused by the pc's power supply. So far so good. Thanks anyway. Hope all is good now. :)

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Ok, so can you give us some info on the power supply. What is the make/ model and what is the wattage.
If the supply is to small for the computer, you will have issues. It can burn out and can take out/ destroy other components.

Duality_88

Duality_88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Oh I didn't really check it. I guessed that the sudden restarts happended because I had overloaded my system with 2 hard disks. I removed one and it seems good now. I'll check bakc again later if another problem occurs. Regarding the "Windows has recovered from a serious error" it could have been caused by an ISO file emulator which I already installed. Had it uninstalled too. Thanks. :)

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
If removing a hard drive allowed you to work, then you most likely have an issue with a weak or underpowered power supply. I strongly suggest that you take a look at it. An under powered supply will continue to give you problems in many areas. It could also (as previously stated) destroy other components such as the main board, or anything it powers.