Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I set a a wireless repeater?

• Please log in to reply

aldee11

aldee11

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have an extra router, westell versalink model 327w, that has been sitting in my garage.
Can i use it as a repeater? The main router is in my uncle's room which is on the second floor of the house, and my room is downstair, and i get slow signal.
Can someone tell me how to do it step by step since i dont really know much about computer.
Thanks

Advertisements

Untalented

Untalented

• PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
Hi aldee11 and welcome to Geeks To Go!

From what I've seen these Westell modems are provided by your ISP provider. If this was the case then most likely you won't be able to do this as it will be running a customized firmware specifically for this ISP. If this is not the case I'd suggest trying to find the manual as I was unable to do so.

Unt