Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

error

• Please log in to reply

cups

cups

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi. I get these errors ever time I start the computer.

Windows installer window pops up and then in the window it reads preparing to install. I click it off and then a blank window appears the tab on the browser has a orange square thing in the upper left corner.

The reg tool I installed didn't help this problem.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
we do not recommend using registry tools as they can cause more problems than they fix...
what is the name of the tool you used...
get a screenshot of the error and post it in your next reply...

Edited by happyrock, 08 June 2009 - 09:04 AM.

cups

cups

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
0608091837.jpg 0608091839.jpg 0608091840a.jpg

we do not recommend using registry tools as they can cause more problems than they fix...
what is the name of the tool you used...
get a screenshot of the error and post it in your next reply...

Regtool that is the name of it Regtool .

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
Hey there,
I don't see an error message in your pics, but it shouldn't try to install that on startup every time. It's trying to install Cccommon, part of Symantec's security products..

What kind of antivirus are you using? If it's Norton, try going to the interface and updating. As for regtool, it really has nothing to do with it.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
RegTool is a bogus Windows registry cleaner. It is advertised as award-winning advanced registry cleaner with more than 40 useful futures and tools, such as evidence and registry cleaner, Internet optimizer, junk file remover, smart disk defrag and many more. RegTool even claims that it has the ability to increase the speed of your PC by 70%. Impressed? You shouldn't be, because Reg Tool is a scam. The rogue is usually installed without user's permission from various malicious websites or it can be also downloaded manually from RegTool homepage, but this is less common situation.

Once RegTool is installed and active, this parasite performs annoying computer scan and floods the system with fake notifications about registry errors. Those errors can not be removed with a trial version of RegTool, so user has to purchase this totally worthless application. But it is advisable not to do so. Instead, remove RegTool from infected computer immediately after detection, otherwise it can cause even more damage to the system....here and here and here
===============================================

Please go to Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide...
HERE....

That will help you clean up 80 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty (and you may not be) follow the instructions start a new topic
here
post the OTListIt2 and Rooter logs ...
The "Topic Title" should contain the name of the infection that you are having a problem with...Use the "Topic Description" to include more details. This will help you get faster responses as some people are more familiar with certain infections....

if you are unable to download or run ANY of the tools...try downloading them on another computer and put them on a flash drive or cd and try installing them that way..
no joy...
start a new topic and let them know you can't run any of the tools..

Edited by happyrock, 09 June 2009 - 07:02 AM.

cups

cups

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

RegTool is a bogus Windows registry cleaner. It is advertised as award-winning advanced registry cleaner with more than 40 useful futures and tools, such as evidence and registry cleaner, Internet optimizer, junk file remover, smart disk defrag and many more. RegTool even claims that it has the ability to increase the speed of your PC by 70%. Impressed? You shouldn't be, because Reg Tool is a scam. The rogue is usually installed without user's permission from various malicious websites or it can be also downloaded manually from RegTool homepage, but this is less common situation.

Once RegTool is installed and active, this parasite performs annoying computer scan and floods the system with fake notifications about registry errors. Those errors can not be removed with a trial version of RegTool, so user has to purchase this totally worthless application. But it is advisable not to do so. Instead, remove RegTool from infected computer immediately after detection, otherwise it can cause even more damage to the system....here and here and here

HERE....

That will help you clean up 80 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty (and you may not be) follow the instructions start a new topic
here
The "Topic Title" should contain the name of the infection that you are having a problem with...Use the "Topic Description" to include more details. This will help you get faster responses as some people are more familiar with certain infections....

if you are unable to download or run ANY of the tools...try downloading them on another computer and put them on a flash drive or cd and try installing them that way..
no joy...

I uninstalled regtool . what about mozilla fire box is that good enough protection ? I have verizon and they discontinued by norton in december so got mozilla. Does Mozilla work for the internet explorer browser or just my verizon yahoo ?

Is the fire box issue different from the antispy issue or is it one and the same ?

What do you think about the antispy that yahoo provides.

All these different tools and protections systems can start to be confusing :)

cups

cups

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

HERE....

here

no joy...

I uninstalled regtool . what about mozilla fire box is that good enough protection ? I have verizon and they discontinued by norton in december so I got mozilla. Does Mozilla work for the internet explorer browser or just my verizon yahoo ?

Is the fire box issue different from the antispy issue or is it one and the same ?

What do you think about the antispy that yahoo provides.

All these different tools and protections systems can start to be confusing :)

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
it is not necessary to quote what I or anybody else posts ...it only makes everything slower..
just post your reply in the future... :)
if you mean mozilla firefox...then no its just a browser...more on browser's here...it is NOT a anti virus or spyware tool at all...
go here and read what you need to do and the tools you need...I do not recommend spywareguard though...all the rest are not just good...they ARE necessary

Edited by happyrock, 10 June 2009 - 12:17 PM.