Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Having problem with lightbox

• Please log in to reply

clarky23

clarky23

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
Could someone take a look at the following link
www.165ny.com/beta_newsite/gallery.php

I'm using a lightbox javascript to create a slideshow. I've used it on some other sites before and had no problem. However, I can't get the code to work properly on this site. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Thumbnail links don't seem to bring up image originally clicked. The lightbox effect has larger image offset to right and out of the white frame it's suppose to be in. Could be caused by these coding errors:

HTML
CSS

This, "<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">", is not a proper DocType and you are putting all browsers into Quirks Mode.

clarky23

clarky23

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
RON,
Thanks for taking a look. Was hoping it was something simple I was missing. Will take a little time to go through everything. Thanks for looking. I'll keep you in the loop once I've gone through everything.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You're welcome. The lightbox effect was working for me in Firefox, but it just wasn't what I was use to seeing after clicking on a link. Post back once you taken another look and let me know if you have it solved.