Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Connection dropping after 5 minutes, but signal strength is e

• Please log in to reply

LabtopThrower13

LabtopThrower13

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

I'm new here just signed up about 30 seconds ago (literally)!

Let's not get into that right now though, I really need help with my Inspiron B130 Labtop.
When I turn it on it recogonizes my router and connects to it but after let's say 5 - 10 minutes of surfing the web it gives you Internet Explorer cannot display this web page. After that the only way to get back online is by restarting it. And then it happens all over again and you have to restart it and etc. Meanwhile you're doing all of this constant restarting the signal strength is still excellent, i don't get it. I do know about computers but I don't think i know enough to handle this problem so i need help. I've been dealing with this problem for 2 1/2 years and i'm getting sick and tired of it. I tried the labtop over at Barnes and Noble and it gives me the same thing. If anybody fixes this problem I will be eternally grateful. Any specifications anyone needs I will gladly write.

Verizon Fios Router
Inspiron B130 Labtop

Advertisements

LabtopThrower13

LabtopThrower13

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
oh and by the way the labtop tells me that the network has not specified a network key to the computer (which means the labtop)