Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HD Slpitter

• Please log in to reply

WhydoIask?

WhydoIask?

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
I just learned that my tv is HD (don't ask me how I missed it,) and that my dvd player and other boxes have HD out ports. The problem is, I only have 1 set of HD ports. What is the name of a box that can take the HD signals from the 3 boxes I have, and baisically send them all to the same ports, letting me swich between the 3 signals? I know I've seen them before.

Advertisements

Elliot

Elliot

Retired Staff

• Expert
  • 3,769 posts
It is a video switch. Another option is to get a good audio/video receiver. Most of them have video switching available in them, as well.

El

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
its just an HDMI SWITCHER, you can get them almost any where now a days.

here is a 5 port on at a good price Amazon

hope that helps :)

WhydoIask?

WhydoIask?

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Aha, thank you. I don't have any HDMI cords, but I found a switcher that supports normal and HD component cables.

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

its just an HDMI SWITCHER, you can get them almost any where now a days.

here is a 5 port on at a good price Amazon

hope that helps :)

Thanks for this information, Brian, I have been looking for something like this :)

Brian

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
For those who may want to save some money:
5x1 HDMI 1.3b $33.35
4x1 for $29.60
or if you have a BOAT load of HDMI devices
8x1 for $87

Monoprice is a site that I buy LOADS of cables and stuff like that from. They have ALL sorts of splitters, converters, switches, cables, etc. etc. etc. Great customer service etc.

I don't work for them or anything, just have had great results with them.

Edit, I just noticed the 5x1 I listed and the one BHowett listed appear to be IDENTICAL. Click on the image on monoprice and see the ports. They are EXACTLY the same it appears.

Edited by PedroDaGR8, 11 June 2009 - 05:49 PM.