Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malware Doctor I Can not Remove

• Please log in to reply

craig66

craig66

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
My Daughters computer started having problems with Malware Doctor constantly showing up and scanning. I ran Malwarebytes and it would get rid of it for a while but yesterday it only worked for a few minutes. Now I get the Blue Screen of Death and can only boot if I press F8 and tell it to go to the last good configuration. Safe mode and Normal boot both bring me to the BSOD. Various messages on BSOD. Last one was Page Fault in Non Paged Area. One before was IO1 Failed to Initialize.

When I go to the last good configuration it boots fine. Then Malware Doctor starts running and eventially the BSOD. I am running Malwarebytes again now. Not sure if I can download and run everything to post all the logs. Hoping the the BSOD is being caused by Malware Doctor and we can get past that first.

Thanks
Craig

Advertisements