First of all, I will transfer this topic to "Applications" forum as this is specifically "Virus and Spyware Removal" forum..
1. About computer protection, the very basic rule is to have ONE antivirus, ONE antispyware and ONE firewall for each computer.. Don't install more than ONE program for each criterion.. You can find a lot of free security programs on the internet..
2. Always, always practise safe surfing.. Crack and warez sites must be avoided at all cost.. Strictly no porn sites whatsoever.. Those sites normally injected malware to your computer by just visiting them..
3. Don't ever give your personal details on the net.. Don't give your address, email, phone no, security number, pin number, bank account, username and passwords, etc.. If a hacker found those details on the internet, they can do a great damage with those information
4. Always makes backups on your important data/files/pictures/movies/etc.. We just don't know when the computer might acting up.. Sometimes it may be hardware problem, so if that's the case, those backups might be crucial to you
5. Always keep an eye to your hard disk free space.. Make sure it has at least 20% space on each partition.. Also make sure you defrag your hard disk at least once a month..
6. Keep the computer clean.. Dust is one of the enemy.. You can clean the computer with synthetic brush or tissue.. Don't use any kind of clothes or plastics.. Avoid using any stuff that can produce electrostatic.. It may damage your hardware..
Please read these excellent articles write by my friends:Preventing Malware and Safe Computing
by Rorschach112What makes your machine slow?
Also, please read these excellent articles by miekiemoes :Help! My computer is slow!How to prevent Malware
Read these great info's about safe internet surfing..http://www.pcpitstop...safesurfing.asphttp://bluefive.pair...afe_surfing.htm