I have a Gateway GT5220. Uses Windows XP Media Center. It's a few years old but worked perfectly until the other day when my wife opened a particularly nasty virus. I had to do a system recovery in order to rid ourselves of it. But now we cannot connect to the Internet. And it's not our ISP. That's fine as I'm currently writing from our wireless laptop through the ISP.
I have a few things going on and here they are:
- Cannot connect to the Internet.
- Ethernet WAN on our router does not light.
- Cannot see the "Local Area Connection Icon" in the Network Connections folder
- In Device Manager, we have two Devices having trouble: Other PCI Bridge and SM Bus Controller. Both have yellow exclamation points on them.
- I tried installing a new Ethernet card but that's not working either. Don't know why.
I'm assuming the two Device problems are related to the first two. When I check both of the devices, there's a message that states: "The device is not configured correctly." One has a Code 1 and the other a Code 28. I'm guessing I need to install drivers but I cannot find either the original disk or on the Internet.
I'm hoping someone out there can help me. I've been trying for days. If anyone needs any more info in order to help, please let me know. Thanks.