Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Verify Class ID has encountered a problem

• Please log in to reply

nephromancer

nephromancer

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I keep getting popup error messages with "verify Class ID has encountered a problem and needs to close". This occurs when I right click on, for example, My Computer or the Recycle Bin. Also popping up is an "Intuit Sync Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close", which occurs spontaneously. I run both McAfee and SpySweeper courtesy of MSN Network/Verizon. I am up to date, or so I believe, with Automatic updates. It's more of an annoyance than a problem, or is it? Web searches so far bring me here, for Combo Fix which I have downloaded but am afraid to use, to much horsepower for me to use alone, and links back to Microsoft Security update 908531 (MS06-015), ( http://support.micro....com/kb/918165), suggesting that I need to permit a certain process to open in the firewall. I did rebuild the OS about a year with Dell help ago after a power surge knocked out something, ?? dll or something. It fixed it and I never had this problem until recently.

Any thoughts and help would be appreciated.
BJ

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Run memtest: http://www.techspot....topic62524.html