Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Not sure how to set up this unusual network.

• Please log in to reply

Calipepe

Calipepe

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hello Everyone,
I stream my underwater fish cameras over the internet in real time. Getting signal over a distance is my issue. What I have right now is this: Belkin F5D7234-4 (positioned by the internet modem on the base computerI, a WRT54g router flashed with DD WRT (I plugged this router into the Belkin via 100' of Cat5e to extend the signal, then I moved it to another building) and finally a inexpensive Belkin USB adapter.
I was not able to connect to the Belkin router, so I took the Linksys and 100' of Cat5e and moved it to a closer building to me. Seems I still am not getting good connection. I have the usb adapter at the camera site, but cannot pick up the WRT54g.
1) Would the router be a better means of picking up internet signal that far away instead of the Belkin usb adapter?
2) I considered moving the Belkin out to wher the WRT54g is and then the WRT54g to the camera location. If you think that would work, how do I do it? I know it would hvae to go into bridge mode or something, but exactly how do I do that?

Thank you,
Gary Bunnell
www.wolfrivercam.com

Advertisements

Calipepe

Calipepe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Anyone?