Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop Vertical Scroll Function will not work after installing mozilla

• Please log in to reply

dwarro

dwarro

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Ok, ever since I installed Mozilla last night my vertical scroll function on my laptop (where you slide your finger down on the touch pad and the web page scrolls down)does not work anymore?
The reason I installed Mozilla was because none of my web pages were java enabled when going through Internet Explorer (although I tried EVERYTHING to enable it).

If anyone has any information on how to get this function back without doing a system restore and wiping out mozilla, AND hopefully getting the vertical scroll function back it would be appreciated.

It just sucks that if I get rid of Mozilla I won't have Java enabled, BUT I will most likely get my scrolling function back.

If someone might know how to fix both that would even be better! Thanks in advance

*** I'm running Windows Vista 64 bit, Internet Explorer 8, HP laptop ***

Advertisements

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
I'm not familiar with HP laptops, but the setting is in Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Mouse
On my toshiba laptop, there is an advanced setting tab, where all the scroll functions and tap enabling functions are. As these are different laptops, I don't know how similar the touchpad driver will be, but the setting is somewhere around there..

Sorry I couldn't be of much more help. Maybe if you post a screenshot I can help you out more if you need it.

Best of luck :)

-Jason