Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Have Windows 7 and can't get online

• Please log in to reply

cainmolloy

cainmolloy

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
I downloaded Malwear Killer ran that then boom would not go on line I get message below.

I cant get online. I have two computers one with XP other Windows 7 with this one I had popups I downloaded some malware killer and thin cant get the computer to see the modem . It says 'Identifying Network' I ve Rung Technical Assistance and they can't get it back, in Command Promt in dos it says An error occurred while reniewing connection 2 to the RPC Server so what is that do you know how to fix this if so please help.
The computer is A gigabyte mtherboard with Intel core duo Processor also the Network cards seem to be working. I can give you more Spacific Information and

It s with unwired.com.au, this is the Error message.

============================================================
Check IP Address

IP Address 169.254.136.240 matches the Automatic IP Address (APIPA) address range.
Executing "ipconfig.exe /release"
ipconfig completed; exit code=0
ipconfig output:

Windows IP Configuration

An error occurred while releasing interface Local Area Connection 2 : The RPC server is unavailable.

No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected.

Executing "ipconfig.exe /renew"
ipconfig completed; exit code=0
ipconfig output:

Windows IP Configuration

An error occurred while renewing interface Local Area Connection 2 : The RPC server is unavailable.

No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected.

Find Gateway

ping 0.0.0.0

Pinging 0.0.0.0 with 32 bytes of data:
PING: transmit failed. General failure.

Ping statistics for 0.0.0.0:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

ping 0.0.0.0

Pinging 0.0.0.0 with 32 bytes of data:

Ping statistics for 0.0.0.0:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Check DNS Servers

DNS servers found are: 220.101.191.16 220.101.191.17 125.63.255.11 125.63.255.74

Find Unwired joinup page

Failed to find address of "joinup.unwired.com.au"; error is Error 11004: Valid name, no data record of requested type.
-> Retrying after a 1 second wait.
Failed to find address of "joinup.unwired.com.au"; error is Error 11004: Valid name, no data record of requested type.
-> Give up trying.

Also Says: cannot start requested Process comes up in box

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Is that the correct spelling of the application you downloaded? Can you provide a link to it? I would like to test this on my windows 7. Also, why did you run this application?

cainmolloy

cainmolloy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Ill work out what I done..
I had a pop up and ran this http://www.geekstogo...Fmbam-setup.exe

and I think this!!
http://www.geekstogo...Fmbam-setup.exe

now in 'network connections' Lan connection 2 says Identifying.

and why it comes up with a warning saying this download may harm your computer I dont think i was careful enough and ran it .cheers

can anybody fix this??????

Edited by cainmolloy, 22 June 2009 - 03:29 AM.