Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCIe or Motherboard Integrated Sound?

• Please log in to reply

leetech

leetech

• Pip
  • 4 posts
So im not sure if a X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCIe sound card will be worth buying, or should i just go with my Foxconn Motherboard P45A-S integrated sound.

Thanks

heres the sound card http://zipcomputers....-XFI-XTREME-AUD

Edited by leetech, 20 June 2009 - 05:43 AM.

Advertisements

leetech

leetech

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
hmm please?

leetech

leetech

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
pleaseeee i need a answer soon :)

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Depends on the speakers, and what your objective is. If you are primarily interested in system sounds and maybe some background music or occasional DVD, or you have budget speakers, then on-board sound is probably fine. If you have high-end audiophile quality speakers and do critical listening, then a better card is probably what you want.

Also, you need to be patient when posting questions on forums - especially when you do it between 2 and 4 in the morning for many of the regulars here.

leetech

leetech

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
thankyou and sorry, im not american..... and im only in a rush is because im ordering my computer parts now and wanted to make sure if i needed a card or not.

thanksagain

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

and im only in a rush is because im ordering my computer parts now and wanted to make sure if i needed a card or not.

I understand and often feel the same way.