Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer doesnt respond

• Please log in to reply

curlex

curlex

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I have dell computer with xp running on it.Just recently it started to freeze up and i would have to restart it.Then just around last week i got an error message saying that the file c:\SMft is corrupt and that i have to perform check disk when i did that it said that he file NTFS is compressed and that it needs full access to the volume to be able to check it. After that the computer wouldn't boot into windows and i would get a black screen with a blue line at the top with WWW.dell.com in written across it.I searched for help and i was told to disconnect all the unnecessary usb devices and when i did that it worked but now i keep getting a Dr.Watson postmortem just recovered message asking me to send an error report to Microsoft then the task bar just freezes and everything on the desktop freezes the only way for me to be able to enter anything would be to use task manager. When i try to boot into safe mode a black screen appears and with white writing and it freezes on that forever Please help school just ended and now when i get to go on it this happens. Another thing is when i go onto the internet and i try to save something evrything freezes up!

Advertisements