Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with Remote access

• Please log in to reply

BeckaM

BeckaM

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Im trying to help someone with their computer... we both have vista. She has sent me the RA Invitation Ticket, and I have put in the pw that she supplied. Problem is, is that on her end it says awaiting incoming connection, on my end says attempting connection, then I get a message saying that she closed RA, but she hasn't

Advertisements

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
Does either connection utilize a router? If so, you may have to forward the ports for RA in the router.
For more information, go to this link ( http://www.portforward.com/ ), select the router, then select the program that you want to forward the ports for.

Dark Fenny

Dark Fenny

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I had the same problem. I never had any problems with XP in the past. So I gave up and downloaded a tiny and free program that works great called "TeamViewer 4" search it on google and set up for single user (to get free usage) Both pc's need to install a copy.

Edited by Dark Fenny, 27 June 2009 - 08:31 AM.