Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sp3 update cmd error

• Please log in to reply

Leesie

Leesie

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Hi,

I just updated my laptop to sp3, it rebooted and seemed to go okay. CMD window opened up and then I saw Command Error pop up several times before the window shut again.

My question is what do I do now? System restore back to sp2 and just stay with that? Or is this going to cause a bigger problem when I try and reboot next?

Thanks,
Lisa

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The CMD window opens up on pretty much all systems when you stick SP3 on them. I have seen many "access denied" errors and what not but the systems work fine. So providing it didn't blue-screen on you and start rolling back, it should be okay.

Leesie

Leesie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
So it shouldn't matter that it said 'perimeter error' or something close to that about 10 times or so before it closed?

Lisa