Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error messges with office 2003 XP OS

• Please log in to reply

chelebyerly

chelebyerly

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I did a complete reinstall of XP due to speed issues, I was just trying to get everything off my computer and starting over from scratch.

I had Windows 97. I tried to install it, but kept getting errors.

SO I got Windows 2003.

I cant get my CD/DVD player to run all the time, it is very tempremental, so I put it on a flash drive.

I start installing it and I get:

Error 1309 Error Reading from file:E:\FILES\FILES'PFILES'MSOFFICE'OFFICE11\ACCESS.PIP. Veriy that the file exists and thet you can access it.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? or how I can make it work?

I seem to have the same basic issues with installing my printer also. Its an HP and I keep getting errors and files missing. When I did the reinstall I let it install everything. Is there something I am missing?

Edited by chelebyerly, 21 June 2009 - 09:43 AM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
I think we need some clarification first if you please.

There is no such thing as Windows 97. While there is such a thing as Windows 2003 in a server edition, I need to clarify what you mean by "got Windows 2003". What exactly have you got on your computer now?