cd drive is not appearing in "my computer"
Posted 21 June 2009 - 09:46 AM
Posted 21 June 2009 - 12:09 PM
You'll need to try to reinstall the drivers that are associated with the drive. They can be found with any CD's you got with the computer, or go to the manufacturers website and find them there.
If you list your computer's information here, I'll help you find anything you need.
(i.e. Computer Brand, Model Number, Year Purchased, any other info regarding to your specific computer)
Posted 21 June 2009 - 01:38 PM
1. Uninstall the drive through Device Manager.
Restart computer. The drive will be automatically reinstalled.
3. Download, and run Restore Missing CD Drive patch
Double click on cdgone.zip to unzip it.
Right click on cdgone.reg, click Merge.
Accept registry merge.
4. Go to Device Manager, click a "+" sign next to IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.
You'll see two items:
- ATA Channel0 (or Primary Channel)
- ATA Channel1 (or Secondary Channel)
Right click on each of them, and click Uninstall. Confirm.
Restart Windows. They'll be automatically reinstalled.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users