Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

In game reboot

• Please log in to reply

FeelingLikeANewbie

FeelingLikeANewbie

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Having an issue with my new system. I recently upgraded my PC to well another whole system ,smoked my old one. Every time I begin to play a game doesn't matter which game they all do the same thing, after about 10-15 minutes my entire system drops and reboots. There is no error displayed. The most I've seen as far as an error goes is playing EQ2 I received a message stating the game exceeded 2Gs of memory and therefore must close, but only the game dropped not the entire system like all other games. I'm new to Vista and am wondering what I may need to adjust. My system specs are as follows:
Antac Case model:902 case w/850W power supply
Asus P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard
Intel i7 920 processor clocked @ 2.67Ghz
6G SDRAM Corsair 12800 Gold Series
1TB HDD (500Gx2 sata)
PNY NVIDIA GeForce GTX275
52X DVDR/RW-ROM

Any direction would help greatly.

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Check your event viewer, type eventvwr in the search bar and look under the Application and System directories.

Edited by diabillic, 22 June 2009 - 10:35 AM.

FeelingLikeANewbie

FeelingLikeANewbie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Alright after going into event viewer I have found several errors at approx. the times that I have made my futile attempts at playing games the error is :

Event 10, WMI
Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

How should I move forward?

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Have you installed SP1?

[codebox]After installing Service Pack 1 you might find the following error in the event viewer:

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60
WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage
> 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of
error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the
problem is corrected.

Here is the fix. Open a command prompt as an admin and enter the following pressing the enter key after each line:

net stop winmgmt
DEL C:\Windows\System32\wbem\Repository\*.*

Now reboot and let the system idle for a few minutes. There will be a couple of WMI warnings in the event log, but thats alright for the moment. Reboot one more time and the error and warning will be resolved.[/codebox]

Edited by diabillic, 22 June 2009 - 11:23 AM.

FeelingLikeANewbie

FeelingLikeANewbie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Yes SP1 was preloaded with Vista, I tried upgrading to SP2 this morning in attempt to clear the issue but still no resolve.

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Try the fix I posted in the code snippet.

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
Check these locations on your hard drive:
- C:\Windows\Minidump Are there any files in this directory? If so, zip them up and upload them with your next post.
- C:\Windows Is there a file named MEMORY.DMP located here? If so, post back for additional instructions on how to get it analyzed.

Have you checked to make sure that your system isn't overheating? That the fans are working? That there isn't a bunch of dust preventing the system from cooling itself?

Have you updated your video and audio drivers?

FeelingLikeANewbie

FeelingLikeANewbie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
OK, well thank you both for your suggestions,

First, Diabillic. I tried the operation you suggested followed every step twice in fact. Neither attempt seemed to have repaired the situation.
Second USASMA. I checked in the directories that you have listed and I have nothing in the mini dump and nothing even remotely resembling memory.DMP unfortunately .

Is there any more information perhaps I could provid that perhaps I'm leaving out?

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Are you running Vista x64?

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
Try the "Big 3 (+1) Vista diagnostics: http://usasma.vox.co...stic-tools.html

FeelingLikeANewbie

FeelingLikeANewbie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Diabillic - No I'm currently only running Vistax32

USASMA - The only errors I found listed that I didn't already have \listed as solved or I knew what was wrong are as follows:
WMI 24
WMI 4
WMI 10

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
How much memory is reported by Windows?

FeelingLikeANewbie

FeelingLikeANewbie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
6Gigs

Well now that I have done some reading and reviewed some things, and am waiting to yell at my computer guy.

I have 6Gigs installed but as I originally suspected only 3Gig of it is being used by Vista

Edited by FeelingLikeANewbie, 22 June 2009 - 06:15 PM.

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Thats because your using Vista x86, not x64.