Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

microsoft JScript compilation error

• Please log in to reply

blondie76

blondie76

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi everyone,

I have an Acer Aspire 5735
Intel® Pentium®Dual CPU T3200 @ 2.00GHz 2.00GHz
2.0GB

I am using Windows Vista Home Premium
and have service pack 2

I have IE 8, firefox 3 and google chrome as browsers.

I have only had the comp for a few months. The Java was already installed on this comp when I got it.

I am having a problem with my java. I went to a java test here: javatester.org and it says I have Java Version: 1.6.0_13 from Sun Microsystems Inc.

Then I clicked on the javascript button on that page and it says: Your web browser is IE 8 and Your web browser supports JavaScript version 1.3

Since most of this is greek to me, I am asking for your help.

I have realplayer superpass and when I try to download the system mechanic, which is free for realplayer superpass members, I can't finish the download because it tells me:

microsoft JScript compilation error

I have also got this error:

Microsoft Jscript compilation error - expected ';'

Should I get rid of IE8? If so how do I do that.

Should I get rid of Java and install an earlier version? If so how do I do that.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
actually,I would suggest you install a newer version. go to http://java.com/ and follow the instructions.

blondie76

blondie76

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
okay did that, the same thing happens. thought I would try the error console on firefox. this is some of what it said. I dont know if this helps or not.

Attached Thumbnails

• geekstogofromerrorconsolefirefox.png

Edited by blondie76, 22 June 2009 - 09:33 PM.