Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer has gone crazy

• Please log in to reply

sprayray123

sprayray123

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey Everyone,
My name is Ray and I just joined the forum today. Don't know much about pc's as I just learn as I go along. Well, I had not protection on my pc and now i am in big trouble. I read your boards and was able to download the tools to fix my pc but, MY PC won't let anything open and run. This program called, "System Security", stays open on my pc and tells about all these worms, trojans and spyware that it has found, and then wants me to pay like $55 to get rid of them.
I don't know if this is a ligit program or not, but not much of anything else will open on my pc, I cant even get the windows task manager to open so that I can see what it actually running that is not hidden. I typed this whole post a little while ago and in the middle of it my pc crashed and now I am on another pc in our home that is protected. Can anyone please help me as I can't restore my computer at this point and I have much of my beats on my pc that I really need as I am supposed to perform on the weekend.
My pc in an old compaq and I am running windows xp. Could anyone email me with any help at all, please.... Emailadress removed. Please do not post your emailadress beacuse you will receive a lot of spam.Thanks all,
Ray

Edited by Thunderbird1988, 23 June 2009 - 12:34 AM.

Advertisements

sprayray123

sprayray123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Sorry as I didn't know that I shouldn't post email address, and thanks for removing it.
I did read the similiar topics to my situation, but I still can't figure out what to do. Like I said I don't know much about computers so could someone, anyone please help me and tell me where to start since nothing on my pc will run or open. thanks.
Ray

sprayray123

sprayray123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello Again,

Is there anyone here that can help with my problem, or is this something that can't be fixed. I cant even us the function, control-alt-delete on my pc. Nothing that I download and try to install will open or run, so I am starting to think that maybe my pc cant be fixed.

If anyone at all could help me it would be so greatly appreciated....
Ray

Take a look here.

Edited by Octagonal, 26 June 2009 - 09:08 PM.