Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

explorer.exe , win32.undef.gbw trojan

• Please log in to reply

AZAM85

AZAM85

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hello

its my first time posting in any forum . i am in deep trouble and i dont know what else to do .let me tell u what happened :

i am using Intel centrino Duo . Browser mozilla firefox . Broadband internet connection . Rising antivirus 2009 and c cleaner . and i updated everything .

Now , recently my computer has been acting strange ,it slows down and is showing the message " windows has encountered a problem and needs to close " and when i check the error report i get

so i scanned it with rising antivirus and found 6 trojans " win32.undef.gbw explorer.exe "
so i found some advice on the Yahoo answers and i scanned my pc with Malwarebites antimalware in safe mode (with system restore off) , and trojan remover ,and ccleaner and finally avast antivirus . it seemed to go away as my pc was working fine for a day but today when i started my pc i got this message again that " windows has encountered a problem and needs to close " . this is still on my computer an i am ignoring it . i get this error now .

Error signature
------------------
EventType : BEX P1 : explorer.exe P2 : 6.0.2900.5512 P3 : 48025c30
P4 : unknown P5 : 0.0.0.0 P6 : 00000000 P7 : 71ab6a55
P8 : c0000005 P9 : 00000008

Technical information about error report
-----------------------------------------
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERae61.dir00\explorer.exe.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERae61.dir00\appcompat.txt

and it asks me if i want to send error report or dont send it , either way if i click any button the comouter hangs and windows stops responding . i dont even use windows explorer i use mozilla forefox as my browser .

So i dont want to format my C drive and i dotn want to reinstall Win Xp again either . any suggestions and advice ? What should i do . Please tell em any free solution so that i dont have to pay for the software again .

thanks a lot
i hope to hear from u soon , as my pc is going NUTS and so am I :) :) :)
Azam

Advertisements