Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Random audio playing on computer

• Please log in to reply

saturn36

saturn36

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey everyone, the other day while I was on the internet a message came up saying that I needed to install something. This didn't look normal to me so I was going to close it, but the wording was confusing and I ended up pressing the wrong button. All of a sudden something was installing on my computer (I forget what it was called) and I quickly uninstalled it. However, since that program was installed my computer has been having problems, random audio (ads for products and even full songs) has been playing at irregular intervals and pop ups have been appearing when I go on the internet. I also believe that there are a lot more processes running on my computer than before when I open up the task manager. I did have a friend come over today that is knowledgeable with computers and he managed to get rid of the audio and make the computer run faster. He said it was some .tmp files that were causing the problem, so he deleted them. The computer is better now, but now on some sites it is saying I have a spyware/virus named 'Troj/Rustok-N'. I tried reading other posts about this virus but got confused. My friend recommended reformatting the computer, but I read that there are some viruses that infect all computers on a network if one has a router (which I do have). Any help with this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Advertisements