Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to connect to IE or firefox

• Please log in to reply

bggb

bggb

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
So one day although I have a good wireless modem which is producing a good connection on one computer, I suddenly get a IE cannot display the webpage error. I have tried diagnosing all kinds of connection problems. I have disabled firewall settings on the system, which is windows xp pro service pack 3, as well as disabled them in the modem. I have uninstalled all spyware and malware, unistalled IE 8 and reinstalled. i have also tried running in safe mode to no avail. As far as a system restore, I have attempted that as well but there is no restore point available. DNS and IP addresses are matching throughout the system and modem. The wireless connection is connected and I have great signal strength, the wireless adapter is Realtek and has been working fine until now. When I run a diagnostics check it says that it is unablle to connect to the HTTP server. I have tried all that i know to do and it is still not working. I have also installed firefox and had the smae problem. I've had to download these programs to my flashdrive from my laptop and then onto my desktop. The desk top in mention is using the same wireless connection as the laptop I have, but this problem is onli on the desk top.

Advertisements

bggb

bggb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
I'm still diligently working this problem as best I can. One thing I came across that may be related is every time I reboot I get a viewMgr error. It says the following:

ViewMgr has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.... Of course I can't send the report to Microsoft because I can not connect to the internet although I can on this computer.

Edited by bggb, 25 June 2009 - 05:04 PM.

anamcr

anamcr

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I had this problem for a long time until i rebooted my computer :/
if youre gonna do that make sure to back up your files.