Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Benq LCD monitor

• Please log in to reply

SoulJa86

SoulJa86

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I was just given a Benq 20Inch LCD monitor with Vga, and DVI connectors. It was broken when I got it, but when I connected it to my xbox via HDMI<->DVI cable it works fine, and my "test" became to hours of gaming. I tried to connect it again today, and I get nothing. Power light comes on stays on showing it has a signal but the display comes on for about 1 second then turns off (black screen, and no back light). If I turn of the display and back on it doesn't flicker just nothing, same thing if I unplug it. But if I unplug it and leave it unplugged for a while It will do the flash thing. I dont know if its a bad connection inside. I know its not the cable because I can connect them to my TV and they work fine, and its not incompatible resolution because it would say out of range.

What I am trying to find out is... does it sound like a bad connection to the backlight, a bad inverter, or some blown capacitors?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

does it sound like a bad connection to the backlight, a bad inverter, or some blown capacitors?

sure....or anything else inside of the monitor.....it could literally be anything..without taking it apart and looking at every single piece (or testing all the electronics with a multimeter etc..) then there's no real way to tell

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
I have a Benq that is doing the exact same thing. I couldn't get enough of it apart to even attempt repair. I gave up. It is not worth the time.

Buy another. They are fairly inexpensive.

SoulJa86

SoulJa86

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
So it's working fine kinda. If I Live it on with a signal going to it, eventually It will come on I'm thinking it's a bad resistor or capacitor.