Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows XP service pack files

• Please log in to reply

njlock

njlock

• PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
I recently reinstalled windows on one of my work computers, and on my 2nd hard drive (D) I see a lot of folders with this kind of name; "0d8e25ac07c7855c39b864781957" appears to be service pack files. these folders just sit on my "D" drive (secondary hard drive, 300g)Not in any other folder.
I made an attempt tp delete them, but was not able to. Must be about 30 folders, most have subfolders, update or sp2, most about 400kb. I assumed they were left over files from my updating windows, Do I need these files? if not how can I delete them?
Thanks

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Take ownership of the folder: http://www.winxptuto...m/ownership.htm
And then delete it.

The folder is given a random name and is used for storing temporary files when installing Service Packs.

njlock

njlock

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
Thank You!

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Good to see that this was resolved!
Thank you for coming to Geeks To Go and hope to see you around sometime soon! :)