Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP! - important digital photo files simply disappeared

• Please log in to reply

LornaB

LornaB

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I hope somebody here can help me.

I have just been editing my graduation photos using Microsoft Office Picture Manager and was doing a bulk name change when the majority of files (about 70 of them) just disappeared. They are really important to me and I am frantic to find them!

I didn't press cut or delete, or at least I don't think I did. I tried pasting anyway to see if they were on the clipboard but they weren't.

They are not in the recycle bin. They have not moved to another folder. I had previsouly tagged them 'graduation' so looked under Windows Photo Gallery for all graduation tagged photos. They appeared briefly and I highlighted them and tried to copy them but an error message came up saying they couldn't be copied due to some kind of problem, then they simply disapeared. I saw the location that they had been saved, but they are not in this folder and I cannot now find them anywhere.

Please help me, they are so important to me, completely invaluable. I have never had this happen before and feel like something wierd has happened, I am hoping there is an explanation....

Advertisements

LornaB

LornaB

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have just tried softperfect file recovery without success, please can someone help :)

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Have you tried doing a search for them? using the *.jpg, *.bmp, etc (or whatever the file extension is)?
Try a search for "graduation)?