Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no device found at device manager

• Please log in to reply

richardjohn11

richardjohn11

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi to all!

I bought this laptop(acer aspire 4530) three weeks ago. Everything went fine, but suddenly finger print device was not detected which at first it is working, i tried to reinstall the driver but to no avail. I also reformat my laptop but still the same. I found out that on device manager, one of the USB controllers has label no device found. I am not sure if this is a hardware related problem. Pls someone help me to fix this problem. Im really frustrated and cant find any solution regarding this. I am using windows xp sp2.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If the laptop is brand new I would suggest taking it back and letting them diagnose the problem and fix it.
I would also suggest you Microsoft's Window update and get all critical updates especially SP3.
If not under warranty then we can proceed. Also if you can open Device Manager and take a Screen Shot. Then attach that to your next reply showing the USB controller in question.

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard. It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
Now go to Start and then to All Programs
Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop