Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WMP 11 - Library/Playlists Completely Disappeared! HELP!

• Please log in to reply

ChloeGirldie

ChloeGirldie

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
When I woke up this morning I opened my Windows Media Player 11 and my entire library was gone. A message is displayed in the program saying "There are no items in this library yet - the Player is searching for digital media files in the background. Click here to add files to the library now." I've tried that, and it lets you add the folder, but when you click OK nothing happens. I can't drag files into the program either - it won't play anything. My actual music files are okay - they are not deleted, and I still have the folder called "Playlists", so I am not too worried, I just want the program to work!

I have not tried uninstalling/installing, because I really don't think that'll help. I've searched Google for a little while, and found some people with the same problem, but I didn't understand how they were fixing the problem.

I don't know what other information you need, other than it's WMP 11 running on Vista, and everything was fine 5 hours ago.

Thanks for your help, let me know if I can answer any specific questions:
Dana

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Have you installed any updates for WMP recently?

ChloeGirldie

ChloeGirldie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Nevermind, it's fixed - thanks anyway!