Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how to suppress message "due to restrictions on your computer&quo

• Please log in to reply

tomatolord

tomatolord

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i have special limited browser that allows the user to do certain things without logging onto their computer 1st.

example reset their network password

However if the browswer is tried to open hyperlinks on a page you get a message

due to restrictions on your computer this operation is not allowed, please contact your administrator

THe reason the message pops up is because I DO have restrictions and i need to have the restrictions.

I am trying to do any of the following.

A - suppress the message entirely

B - change the message text to something more user friendly.

C - suppress all hyperlinks on the page

I do not have the option to recreate the page that causes the error because the page is not mine and sometimes hosted at 3rd parties sites.

tomatolord

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This post makes no sense, with respect, from a logical point of view.

You have a browser that works without people logging on. May I ask how you do that assuming it's Windows and the fact you have to log to a account, any account, in order to do something? In Windows XP and Vista even a default account is an account and you cannot do anything without logging into something. Even on an XP Professional machine set-up for a Domain network, you're still logging onto the network.

As far as I'm aware there's no real ability to stop Internet Explorer from opening a web page when aksed. It may go through a proxy. How does this computer go online? What restrictions do you have, why do you have restrictions and are they on the computer or are they network permissions?

Please clarify what you mean when you say the page in question causing an error but you can't change it because it's "sometimes" hosted elsewhere? What is the website address of this page please?