Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell 2407WFP

• Please log in to reply

Albino

Albino

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Hey guys,

I have a small problem and just need a litle advice. What the problem is, last summer and this summer it's been pretty hot, and as a result there have been a lot of thunderflies about, and annoyingly a few of the buggers have got inside my monitor, and died in places that you can see them on the screen.

Now, the monitor came with a 4 year warrenty, but I'm not sure if this would be covered by it. So what would you say to opening up the monitor and getting rid of these flies myself? Bit risky?

Just need some advice really; anyone ever opened up a monitor?

Regards,

Tim

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
GTG does not suggest doing anything as far as opening a system or monitor when it is under warranty. This potentially could void your warranty.
I suggest calling the company and explaining the situation to them and see if they will help you. This way if something goes wrong then they have to repair or replace your monitor.