Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win32/Hidrag.A

• Please log in to reply

Simon Coppens

Simon Coppens

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, I have a problem with the virus Win32/Hidrag.A.
Bullguard reported allmost all of my exe files as infected with this, I thought Bullguard went mad, because for some reason it has a grunch against games (won't install/delete/modify/run) so for installing I turn it off. And I forgot to turn it back on. So he shows all these corrupted exes and I thought the program was again bashing the games so I deleted it and downloaded AVG. AVG told me the exact same thing, and only then I knew there was something wrong. All files showed Win32/Hidrag.A as virus and I googled it, and found it wasn't harmful, still I don't want some virus on my pc and AVG didn't stop popping up to warn me about the exes. So I searched the internet for a removal guide and came across this:

First time I screwed it up and misread "%1%*" for 96196, it seems stupid but it was a small fond there and I didn't look properly, apperntly... Now I changed this to 96196 and ofcourse none of the exes would run anymore. I called a friend to tell me what the numbers were and he told me it were symbols, hard realisation followed for me. Luckily I remembered I could acces programs from cmd. So I finnaly changed it back to "%1%*". But now allmost every .exe AVG reported is broken en says it ain't a Win32 exe. This means I have to redownload a lot of programs and reinstall a lot of programs. Is there anyway for restoring these broken exes?

I don't know if this little text is enough to explain the problem, but if you need any kind of files or information just ask me please, I really hate that I have to redownload around 2gb on programs and files.

I also read this post: http://www.geekstogo...g-A-t15821.html but the situation is a bit diffrent so I didn't dare to execute the steps with the Killbox, fearing I would screw it up again.

Hope to hear from you guys(/galls?) soon and thanks in advance!
- Simon

Advertisements