Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A-squared Anti-malware 1 year license free

• Please log in to reply

Eclipsed

Eclipsed

• PipPipPip
  • 799 posts
I am trying it. I like some things about and I don't like others.
http://forums.slickd...h...6&t=1430763

Advertisements

rcramm

rcramm

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
ive tried asquared before. i have had no luck with it. ive ran scans with it on others computers and its never done a good job it always messed something up. if it cant clean up as well as malware bytes or active scan as well as avira or avg I won't use it.

Abydos

Abydos

• PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
A-Squared is actually a excellent security program.

But no two computers are alike, therefore some will have no
troubles with certain programs, and others have heaps of it.
That goes nearly for all software that needs to install so
deep in the system.

A-Squared have false positives from time to time, but thats
because it is so aggressive. But rather one false positive
to many, than the other way around :)

Eclipsed

Eclipsed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts
The person at another forum who posted the link had the same problem memory issue I did. I like the program itself and have plenty of memory to spare for 100mb and it loads up faster than anything I've used before. I also like the web traffic protection or whatever it is called, so I'm keeping it until I find something that really turns me off.

rcramm

rcramm

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
The problems I have with it are not what it finds or how it protects but when it removes the infections. I have used it on 5 or so separate computers that were infected 3 of them it made blue screen which I was unable to repair and had to do a format reinstall. 1 it fixed fine and the other also blue screened but I was able to fix it. As far as a regular removal tool I wouldn't recommend it to customers.