Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

auto fill in

• Please log in to reply

richocki

richocki

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
When I visit a web page that requires information to be entered my email and first name is already filled in. The email that is filled in is my main email and not the one I like to use when I fill in forms and the first name is Ric but my real name is Rick. How do I change this information or turn it off altogether?

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
What browser, version?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Is this the same issue you had on this topic HERE ?

If so then the fix Major Payne suggested then should work for this issue as they seems to be one of the same.

richocki

richocki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
I forgot about that post back in April. That's some good detective work. Looks like updating to IE8 and FireFox 3 has brought it back. I just looked in both browsers and can not find any box that has anything to do with remembering form data. I found an auto complete section in IE and no boxes are checked. I searched through the registry for Ric and found nothing there.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
This won't have anything to do with the registry as it is a browser function. In Firefox do the following:

Click on Tools then click on Clear private data
If that doesn't clear it then try inputting a different log on and password for a site that it auto fills.
When you do this Firefox should warn you of this and ask if you want to save the new information.

You can also get the Auto Fill Form add on for Firefox and this should allow you to change or delete a wrong entry.

Let me know if this helps out with your issue.

richocki

richocki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
I have the 'clear private data' turned on and it ask me if I want to clear it every time I shut down Firefox. I have installed the add on and I'll see how that goes . Thanks for the help

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are welcome and thanks for the update