Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vaio cannot recognize HD nor SD card, but Asus can.

• Please log in to reply

Ed124ch

Ed124ch

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a Sony Vaio desktop running XP SP2. I bought an Asus EEE PC in China with a Samsung 160 GB external HD. The HD appears to be real but I cannot find the model listed on the case on internet. I hate to open the case to read the HD since it is sealed.

1)My Vaio will not recognize the Samsung external HD, but the Asus will.

2)The Asus has a 16 G SD memory card (Kingston) which works on the Asus but not on the Vaio.

It appears that my Vaio will not work with anything I bought in China, but the China stuff all works together. (I cannot find anything to help from the Sony web support site)

I reloaded the Asus with XP in English (I thought I reformatted the “C” drive first), but it still shows some things in Chinese (example: MS Media Player is in Chinese) so I must not have deleted everything like I thought I did. Could there be something in the BIOS?

Thank you for your help,
Ed

Advertisements

Ed124ch

Ed124ch

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks,

My problem is resolved.

I loaded all the updates from Sony for my PC. Even ones that didn't seem to apply to my problem.

Thanks,