Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can't install windows xp

• Please log in to reply

slade1129

slade1129

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i'm having a problem with my pc so i decided to reinstall the OS which is windows xp. but the setup hanged on the part where the installer ask me where to put the OS i'm installing, i repeat the same process over and over but it keeps on hanging on that part.i tried to install Windows ME, it works fine, but when i upgrade to/install XP it hanged :) :)

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What kind of disk is thew XP disk?
Where did it come from?
Is it scratched or damaged at all?

slade1129

slade1129

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

What kind of disk is thew XP disk?
Where did it come from?
Is it scratched or damaged at all?

it's the same disk that i used before on the same pc, a licensed windows xp sp2.
no scratched or damaged, in fact i've installed it on my other pc the other day and it worked just fine.

Edited by slade1129, 07 July 2009 - 09:42 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

in fact i've installed it in my other pc the other day and it worked just fine

Same registration number on other system also?

Click HD diagnostic in my signature below. Choose the manufacturer of your hd. Download the tool. Running this will tell us if there is a problem with HD itself. If not then we will pursue other hardware or software possibilities

Edited by rshaffer61, 07 July 2009 - 09:44 AM.