Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Replacement Liquid Cooling System

• Please log in to reply

Av8rjim

Av8rjim

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

I'm brand new to this forum, so here goes...

I have an Aquagate S1 liquid cooling system that just went out after 2 years of hard work. I tried several times to revive it by replacing the liquid and flushing the system, but nothing worked. It wouldn't circulate anymore for very long.

I have decided to purchase a new cooling system, but before I get in over my head was just wondering if anyone knows what the best system is and/or the best replacement that would be about the same size as the S1.

Thanks!

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
What's your budget? Custom watercooling kits are always the best, but Swiftec makes the best kits. Can you list the components you wish to cool?
James

Edited by james_8970, 10 July 2009 - 05:51 PM.

Av8rjim

Av8rjim

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I would like to find something around 300 or less. I really don't know what liquid cooling systems go for though. I think my current cooling system cools the processor but my temperature monitor shows that my hard drive is overheating, However the hard drive is nowhere near the cooling system itsself.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
What are you using to monitor your hard drive? What temperature is it reporting? Most cases have an intake fan infront of hard drives, check to see if adding a intake fan is a possibility on your case as it'll decrease the temperature of your hard drive significantly. What CPU are you currently cooling?

I think my current cooling system cools the processor

Do you think or know? If there is anything else you want to cool here, I need to know. Are you even overclocking? If not, then I'd personally suggest you just get a air cooled heatsink as there is no real advantage to get a watercooling setup.
James