Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Sending large files

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
I used to send large accounting files via Yahoo Messenger (Yahoo M.), then began having trouble with my computer. One of the recommendations from here was to eliminate Yahoo M. To send the large files I would then download Yahoo M, then delete Yahoo M. Now I am having trouble sending and my accountant receiving when I use Yahoo M.... Is there an application that can do this for me??? Thank you in advance!!!

If this can be placed in a better forum, please just let me know it has been moved.

Musky Ben

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,587 posts
I have several issues with what your doing. Mainly because your sending potentially sensitive informtion in the FREE and CLEAR. If you have to use an instant messenger program, try using Windows Live messenger. That is primarily what I use for file transfers. However, I don't know about file size limitations. My preference would be to transfer files using a secure ftp server.

What kind of issues where you having with your computer, that resulted with them saying to uninstall yahoo?