Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vertical Windows XP on Horizontal screen

• Please log in to reply

doxiegirl

doxiegirl

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am having a problem with my laptop (Dell Latitude C610). When I boot up, Windows XP appears as a horizontal orientation, so I am unable to view the bottom of the page. The right side of the screen is blank. Help! I can not find any information as to how to fix this problem.

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Hi doxiegirl and welcome to Geeks to Go.

I assume from your description that the screen has rotated 90 degrees.

Are you using Nvidia for your graphics?
Right click on your desktop and choose properties.
Select the settings tab.
Select the advanced spot.
Select the Nvidia tab and look for NVrotate

Otherwise here is the link to a google search. See if any of those help. http://www.google.co...ated 90 degrees

123runner

doxiegirl

doxiegirl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The graphics card is an ATI Radeon Mobility. Also, the screen is not so much rotated, as being displayed in a portrait orientation. What I mean is that the width of the resolution will not fill the screen no matter how high I set it and leaves a black bar on the right side. Also, the resolution appears to be vertically stretched past the bottom boundary of the screen even at 800 x 600. I cannot see the taskbar at all and everything appears very stretched. I have tried updating the video card driver but that did not help at all. Rarely when I restart the computer, the problem seems to fix itself, then the problem returns next time I power off the laptop.