Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can bolt of lightning damage network card?

• Please log in to reply

JeffM

JeffM

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Think it is a problem with his router. His dad when out and did some more working on it. More info when I find out more. Thanks.

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

Also make sure you unplug/ replug the router as well.
Did you try another port from the router to the computer?
Did you try another cable from router to computer?

Did you try any of this???

JeffM

JeffM

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Yes, I tried all those. I will see the guy I'm trying to help at work tomorrow. So I shall post an update within the next 24-48 hours. Thanks for staying with me on this.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
We are here till its either done or you give up.

JeffM

JeffM

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
OK, thanks, his dad was supposed to go out there yesterday (his dad works for Embark, the ISP) and thinks he now knows what the issue is and how to resolve it. Likely a hardware or ISP issue, not malware. I won't know more until Monday. Sorry for keeping everybody hanging. Not trying to purposely extend this thread on and on for no good reason. Just that the gentleman I'm trying to help is hand-capped in more than one way and his cell service is no good where he lives and without him having internet, the only way I'm able to contact him (unless I make the long drive to his house) is snail mail.

JeffM

JeffM

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
My friend called in sick to work on Monday. He only works Mondays and Fridays. Chances are 99% I'll see him again this Friday and be able to ask him for an update and post back here later that same day. Sorry for the delay. :)