Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

directx9.0c

• Please log in to reply

Help Panos

Help Panos

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
well all started when i realised that in order to use nero 7 autocad 2009 and much more programs i needed to upgrade to directx9.0c. i have windows xp professional service pack 2 and the default dirextx is 9.0b. at first i tried to upgrade yet i realised that microsoft made a mistake(not know if it is on purpose) and the system wasnt upgrading to 9.0c. so i searched through the internet and realised that each and every one with xp sp2 had the same problem. there wasn't any known solution except the one in the link i mention below.. so i deleted manually at first the direct x through the second link i will mention...then i couldn't install any directx....at this point i do not have a direct x and i do not know what to do.. so what i would really appreciate is a way to fix my mistake and install direct x9.0c...thank u and every u in advance...

first link http://www.funponsel...irectx-90b.html

second link http://www.instant-r...tall-directx-9/

in the second one look at the paragraph of uninstalling direct x...

looking forward for an answer

Advertisements

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
What do you mean when you say you deleted DirectX manually? As in you just deleted the folder from your hard drive?

Help Panos

Help Panos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
i followed the instructions of the second link i attached.. exactly what he told... HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DirectX that i erased...

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
What happens when you type dxdiag in command prompt?

Help Panos

Help Panos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
when i erased by byself the directx manually i typed dxdiag and in version of direct x was nothing....before i opened this topic a user in here ,night i think was his name told me to use directx eradicator.. so i run the relative exe and now when i type dxdiag it sais that windows cannot find dxdiag...from what i have read with this program i have to roll back by using the windows cd which i am gone to do.. i will inform u for the result!! thanx for helping with my problem..