Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Installer

• Please log in to reply

whatsit

whatsit

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently wanted to update my itunes from Version 2- 8.2. However, i encountered various problems in the process: firstly the fact that windows installer was not being recognised on my computer. I have installed V3.1, several times, but it still is not working and when i try to remove or unistall any programs a message pops up saying that it is not installed and to contact support! I tried to download windows utility clean up to correct the problem, however to no avail i cant install this as i apparently dont have windows installer on my computer. i dont know what to do.... any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

Abydos

Abydos

• PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
Hi whatsit

You can download the installer from here;

http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en

But before you install it, make sure you delete the old in add/remove programs if present (Remember to checkmark show updates at the top in the add/remove programs menu)

Regards